Ashland University's Student Accessibility Center collaborates with eligible students in the coordination of accommodations to ensure equal access to education and university life. Services can include, but are not limited to:
- Academic accommodations - testing in a distraction-reduced area, testing with extended time, access to assistive technology, etc.
- Classroom accommodations - adjustable, accessible tables, attendance policy modification, etc.
- Temporary accommodations - the provision of a scribe for testing in cases of injury, temporary use of mobility devices, etc.
- Click here for a printable summary of services flyer
- Click here for our SAC Student Handbook
Student's with disabilities, who are admitted to Ashland University are requested to schedule an individual intake meeting with the office. In addition, students should be prepared to provide documentation of disability as defined by Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Individuals requiring additional information are most welcome to contact the Student Accessibility Center directly. You can email our office at: email@example.com.
A healthcare professional can download, complete, and return the form listed below to provide verification of a student's disability:
Additional Information for Students
- SAC Grievance Procedure
- Short-cuts for new students
- Service Animals on Campus Policy
- Service Animals in Training Policy & Agreement
Information for Faculty
Faculty Members please click here to download the updated and fillable Test Proctoring Instructions form.