Borrowing Library Materials
Residents of Ashland County may purchase a courtesy card (i.e., community user card) for limited borrowing privileges. Courtesy card borrowers must be at least 18 years of age and provide a valid picture ID at time of registration. Borrowing privileges are not extended to high school students. The annual fee for a courtesy card is $15.
- Courtesy card users cannot check out music CDs, DVDs or Instructional Resource Center collection items (e.g., curriculum textbooks, activity books, materials kits).
- Books are checked out for three weeks and may be renewed in person or by phone twice unless a hold has been placed on the item (see next item).
- Books may be recalled before the due date if needed by Ashland University students, faculty or staff.
- A maximum of five titles may be checked out at one time.
- A fine of $0.25 per day per book is charged for overdue books.
- Overdue notices are sent when materials are one week overdue.
- Notices are sent as a courtesy to borrowers. (Note: Not receiving a notice is not justification for elimination of a fine.) After three overdue notices have been issued for a given title, a replacement bill is sent. Borrowing privileges will thereupon be suspended until the account is settled.
- OhioLINK borrowing privileges are not available to courtesy card holders.
Courtesy card holders are asked to notify the library of changes in address or telephone number.
Residents of Holmes, Huron, Knox, Lorain, Medina, Richland and Wayne County desiring a courtesy card should contact the Ashland University Library Circulation Desk for more information (419.289.5400).
Archer Library offers a limited number of public access computers for visitors located on the main floor. Comptuers have internet access only and do not allow downloads.
Printing & Copying
Printing is available at a cost of $0.10 per page. Print jobs are sent to the printer at the Circulation Desk and will be released by Library staff upon payment.
Copies may be made by circulation staff at a cost of $0.10 per page.
Duplex prints / copies may be subject to an additional charge.
Copyright notice of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials. As such, the person using the equipment is liable for any infringement. Archer Library reserves the right to deny copies infringing on copyright.
Unaccompanied high school students are welcome to use Archer Library for research purposes only. All other visitors under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Archer Library Directions & Maps
Interested in visiting Archer Library? Click here for directions to Ashland University and here for a main campus map (with parking).