Mission and Vision
Ashland University’s LearnAU is a team of instructional designers who work with faculty, staff, and administrators to support, inspire and engage students when creating sound teaching and learning in face-to-face, hybrid, online courses, and other learning experiences (e.g., study abroad, learning communities, mentoring programs, leadership development, etc.). With a focus on the student experience and in service of the core mission of the University, we partner with faculty to represent AU culture as we research, design, develop, and implement 21 st century cutting-edge digital tools and strategies that contribute to forward-thinking practices, academic excellence and student success.
In service of our mission LearnAU:
- works with faculty, staff, and administration to develop face-to-face, hybrid, and online course content aligned with the course student learning outcomes;
- consults with faculty to discuss, plan, and explore new teaching, learning, and instructional technology integration;
- supports faculty with instructional design and curricular issues communicated through Learn-AU@ashland.edu, AU’s ticket system, or direct requests;
- promotes collaboration, in the use of instructional design/technology by holding campus-wide training sessions, in conjunction with CITE
- supports individual colleges with customized training;
- experiments and evaluates, new teaching technologies and teaching/learning approaches;
- executes best practices based in theory and research— advocating for the student experience, Universal Design, accessibility, as well as copyright;
- ensures consistency throughout and within online and hybrid courses; and
- utilizes the Quality Matters Rubric to design courses that ensure alignment, consistency, ease of navigation, and student accessibility.