2023 High School Art + Design Experience
Senior Art + Design Exhibition Awards Presented
Nathan Langdon will graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Fine Art, with a concentration in Digital Art. He will also graduate with a second Bachelor’s degree in Digital Media Production. He is the son of Dawn and Dave Langdon from Ashland, Ohio. He graduated from Ashland High School, afterwards immediately beginning his college education. During his time at AU Nathan has served as the Video & Graphics producer for the AUTV 20 television station, as well as the Graphic Designer for the AU Men’s Basketball team. He was also an intern at Good Deed Entertainment where he was a marketing assistant and visual effects artist creating promotional video content for their social media. Nathan plans on graduating in the Fall of 2022, and afterwards jumping into a design-oriented career.Dénes will graduate with a bachelor of education degree in art and a bachelor of fine arts with a printmaking concentration. She minored in illustration and Spanish. A native of Columbus, Ohio, Dénes has worked as an art history and Spanish tutor at Ashland and has been part of art club every year, serving stints as president and treasurer. Her artwork has been displayed in the Student Juried Exhibition four years in a row, winning awards twice, and was inducted into the Phi Sigma Iota honor society (foreign...Read more
Entries Due- 2022 Juried Student Art + Design Exhibition
ENTRIES DUE on Feb 21 & 22 from 10:00am-4:00pm in the Coburn Gallery.
• Exhibition dates: March 3 - 23, 2022 *OVER $900 IN AWARDS*• AWARDS- Best in Show, Dean’s Award, AU Permanent Collection Award
• The Annual People’s Choice Award- selected by gallery patrons at the opening reception
• Your artwork MUST BE FOR SALE- if it is to be considered for the DEAN’S AWARD & AU Permanent Collection Award.
• Opening Reception on March 3, 2022 from 4:30pm-6:30pm.
• AWARDS for the juried student exhibition will be announced at 5:30pm March 3rd
• An outside juror selects artworks for the exhibition and the awards.
• The gallery will take a 20% commission on any work sold during the exhibition.
• Artwork exhibited in the Juried Student Show CANNOT be used for senior exhibitions.
• Only undergraduate students are eligible for the art awards.
• All artworks must be presented in a professional manner.
• Two-dimensional works must be properly matted and mounted to white foam board. Framing is preferred for all exhibitions. Use proper foam tape to adhere works to foam board and mats.
• Paintings must be framed with painted lattice striping (to frame the stretcher) or painted edges. Canvas board paintings must be framed.
• All work MUST be ready to hang. Works that are not ready to exhibit will be disqualified. This includes wire or other hanging mechanism.
• Students will provide a completed entry form with each artwork. Attach one entry form to the back of each submitted artwork.
• Artworks NOT accepted for the student exhibition must be picked up by Wednesday February 23 before 5pm.
• Accepted artworks must be removed from the gallery on March 23 from 10-noon. WORKS MUST BE REMOVED...Read more
High School Art + Design Campus Studio Experience
Art studio area experiences will include sculpture, printmaking, digital art and graphic design, painting, ceramics and figure drawing. Students may attend two workshops based on their interests and availability. This event highlights the Art and Design program, where students can learn from experienced college instructors who also are working artists, meet other students with a serious interest in art, learn or finesse existing skills, investigate a new medium or area, experience a classroom studio work environment and learn about what art and design students do after graduation.
The high school art experience APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED to February 14, 2022. Interested high school students can apply online at www.ashland.edu/art. For more information about the AU Art and Design Department Campus Art Experience- contact Dr. Wendy Schaller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLY ONLINE https://forms.gle/r6oL5q3wUA2GG1gu8
Image credit-AU Art Alumnus Callie Roddy
- The Coburn Gallery provides ample exhibition space for nationally-known artists as well as the outstanding work of students and faculty.
- Our studio facilities are well equipped and well lit so you can do your very best work
- The ceramic studio includes 16 wheels and two gas-fired kilns.
- The sculpture studio houses equipment for metal fabrication including MIG welders, oxy-acetylene torches, a plasma cutter and ring rollers. The studio also features a foundry equipped for bronze and aluminum casting and includes a well-equipped wood shop.
- The painting studio is well lit and well ventilated and equipped with easels and workspace for projects in various sizes.
- The computer lab includes 15 PC stations, 15 flat-bed scanners, a 42” large format printer with archival ink and an 8’ x 10’ projection system