Bachelor's Plus Equivalents

Note: Every attempt is made to update the equivalents course numbers but it is the student's responsibility to assure that any course taken from other universities meets the Ashland course requirements. This list is not to be considered all-inclusive and is subject to change. Possible course equivalencies can be found on

Please complete a Transient Form (available on the AU website: and send it to the Office of Records and Registration ( If you would like to take a course not listed on this equivalency sheet from another university or college, you will still need to compete a Transient Form and email it to the Office of Records and Registration ( for approval.

Universities and colleges are not required to take transient students. Their first obligation is to their own students. Your request to take a course may be denied on the basis of enrollment or other local factors. Transient Students for Columbus State must meet CSCC's prerequisites. When applying to Ohio State to take an undergrad course, call Extended Education at 614-292-8860 or email

You must get at least a C or above for credit for any course taken. To gain credit, submit an official transcript to the Office of Records and Registration ( and work with your assigned AU Graduate Academic Advisor in order to apply your transfer credit to your AU academic record.

These courses can be used towards your program once you are a registered student and will be entered in your record officially during your first semester. The accepted courses were evaluated based on current equivalents, course descriptions and approval by faculty.

Once you are an AU student, you have the opportunity to appeal to AU Faculty for additional coursework to be applied to your record. The decisions on appeals are final.

Master of Arts in American History and Government to Bachelor's Plus for International Students Equivalent List (PDF)