AU has a reputation as one of the strongest Division II schools in the country.
The AU athletic department has been a mainstay on the conference and national scene for many decades.
- AU has made more than 300 NCAA Division II postseason appearances since 1979.
- Since 1924, Ashland has had approximately 1,200 All-Americas.
- Ashland has won 56 Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference championships since 1995-96.
- In 22 seasons in the GLIAC, AU’s athletic program has won the Presidents’ Trophy (all-sports award) three times (1995-96 through 1997-98), been runner-up 17 times, finished third once and took fourth once. Ashland has been runner-up in the Presidents’ Trophy standings each of the last 12 academic seasons.
- AU consistently finishes in the Top 15 of the Learfield Directors’ Cup rankings (the national all-sports ranking), and our teams have produced numerous
All-America athletes and national champions in nearly every sport.