What is TechCred?
TechCred is Ohio's innovative workforce program that reimburses employers for industry-recognized, technology-focused, credentialed training programs and certificates. TechCred helps Ohioans learn new skills and helps employers build a stronger workforce with the skills needed in a technology-infused economy.
How Does TechCred Work?
- Employers will need to identify the specific, technology-centric qualifications they need, as well as the number of employee(s) they want to upskill.
- To qualify for reimbursement of training costs, the employer must partner with a training provider and apply online. Individuals must be Ohio residents with a verifiable Ohio address.
- The state will reimburse up to $2,000 of training costs per credential upon completion. There is no longer a limit of one reimbursement available per employee in each funding round.
- Employers are eligible to receive up to $30,000 per funding round.
- Training must be completed within 12 months of the award date.
Current TechCred Credentials Offered
- 5G Broadband - Credentials include:
- 5G Ecosystem
- 5G and Broadband Deployment
- In-building Wireless Solutions
- Wireless Broadband Infrastructures
Let Ashland University Help
Ashland University can help your company apply to the TechCred program and get your employees training that qualifies. We have several for-credit academic short-term certificates and non-credit Workforce Development offerings that meet the guidelines for the TechCred program.
Need more information? Visit techcred.ohio.gov or contact AU Workforce Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.