Welcome to Ashland University!
Fall 2022 New Student Orientation
Students joining Ashland University during the FALL semester, will particpate in a required two-part Orientation which includes attending a Summer Orientation Program in June (PART I) as well as participating in Orientation Weekend in August (PART II).
Orientation Weekend in August
During Orientation Weekend, Ashland University will become your home away from home. With activities and programs planned throughout the weekend, you will create friendships with your peers and become better acclimated with the campus. Orientation Weekend will begin with move-in on Thursday, August 25 (even numbered residence hall floors 9am-4pm) OR Friday, August 26 (odd numbered residence hall floors 9am-4pm). Your move-in date will be determined by Residence Life. Classes will begin on Monday, August 29, 2022.
During O-Weekend, you will have the opportunity to:
- Residential Students: Move into your residence hall and get settled (Date TBD as assigned by Residence Life)
- Commuter Students: Join us on Saturday and Sunday! Commuter Check-In is on Saturday morning before the President's Convocation
- Purchase textbooks or pick up reserved textbooks
- Attend the President's Convocation
- Meet your O-Teamer and peers during J.A.M. (Just Ask Me) Team Meetings
- Attend Residence Life, Campus Activities Board and Commuter Services activities
- Enjoy a personalized campus tour and find your classroom locations with your O-Teamer
- Attend your academic meeting and meet faculty in your major
- Attend an Involvement Fair to join student-led organizations and clubs!
Please note, a fee of $100 will be charged to your student account for your orientation programs - see “Fees and Charges Explained” online. This fee covers meals and materials, mailings, and administrative fees during your Summer Orientation (Part I) and Orientation Weekend (Part II).